Jan 4, 2012

PANCAKES AND PAJAMAS (oh and PRINCESSES)!!

So I usually use Bisquick. But I recently cracked an egg, put a half cup of milk in a bowl (half the recipe on the box) and went to grab the box from the fridge, but there was no box. So I had to improvise. I found this recipe on food.com (Courtesy of Mike Cuzzacrea, Lockport, NY) which was super easy and super yummy.  I also add a squeeze of fresh lemon and vanilla (and sometimes a little brown sugar) to both the box and "from scratch" recipes. Because I think pancakes should always taste like birthday cake:) Its a little problem I have...


Martha's Bunnie's Hot Cakes
Ingredients:
1 egg
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable ( subbed canola) oil
1 table spoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Optional: One fresh squeezed lemon, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together breaking up any lumps.  Pour batter onto a hot griddle. Flip pancakes when the edges appear cooked and the batter bubbles on top. Serve immediately:)


Voila!

So since I had pancakes on the brain.. and we had a couple of more days left before preschool was back in session, I invited a couple of the munchkins pals over for breakfast! They all came over in their pajamas and immediately pulled on tiny ball gowns as soon as they hit the door (of course)...


private screening of the movie Tangled (aka Rapunzel).

xx,
Bunnie


image via

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LIFE AND TIMES: Bunnie Hilliard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger