(Munchkin as a Ballerina Witch (her idea) for Halloween - Circa 2010)
My munchkin is definitely my favorite almost 4 year old on the planet however it would make my life (and hers) a whole lot easier if she would commit these things to memory:
1. Your main job is to do exactly what I tell you to do. Mommy knows everything and is and always will be right.
2. It is important to be creative, have your own style, and think for yourself. However these things will not change:
- You must always wear bloomers under your dress. There is nothing I hate worse than seeing a little girls underpants as she comes down the slide.
- It is not cute to wear your pajamas or the same outfit everyday to school. I'm sorry I wont allow it. I am not that mommy (and I dont judge those mommy's who are "that mommy").
- You may not wear a sun dress in the dead of winter or fancy shoes without socks. I love you dearly, but it makes you look like a little homeless girl.
3. If someone on the playground tells you that they dont want to play with you anymore, you must always tell them to "Kick Rocks!, I'll find someone else to play with." And do exactly that.
4. Mommy will let you do most anything as long as you ask nicely and display good manners. It will get you a long way in life and nothing pleases me more (except when you stay in your bed until the sun comes up).
5. I love you more than words can say, I'm doing my best to teach you that you are smart, you are beautiful, and you are important. Even if I am saying it with a raised voice and the "mean momma eye".
Being a parent is not for the faint of heart. And adding to the brood, I've learned, definitely takes some serious patience, will power and little talks with Jesus...