Dec 20, 2010

the perfect manicure

On a regular basis, I think my nails look pretty raggedy. And lets not even get on my toes. I mean I try to keep them cut short.  A quick snip, snip after I clip the munchkins of course... And that's about the extent of the maintanence they get. 


It all started when I was expecting the munchkin, and found out about the chemicals in nail polish that can get into your blood stream.. It was all down hill after that, because who had time to curl their hair, let alone, think about making sure my nails were put together.




At any rate,  So I've had it in my mind for some time that I'd like to incorporate some type of regimen that will at leave me a little less embarrassed to hand the cashier my check card at the Publix.  


This is what I've come up with. Should be quick and easy, and I could maybe manage this once a week before bed?


Shape Nails.
Using a nail file, shape nails into squares with rounded corners, which makes them more resistant to cracks and tears. To avoid misshapen or split nails, file in one direction only -- no sawing back and forth. 

Buff Nails to a Shine.

Using a smooth-surfaced buffing block or buffing disk (not a filing block, which will scuff nails), buff the entire surface of nails using a side-to-side motion.


Moisturize.
As a final step, rub hands with warm almond oil, avocado oil, or light olive oil, or apply an oil-rich hand and nail cream. My all purpose best product ever is Vaseline/Petroleum Jelly (Don't judge me) Pay particular attention to the nail and cuticle areas.

Manicured. Doesn't that just sound lovely? I like lovely:-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LIFE AND TIMES: Bunnie Hilliard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger