Mar 12, 2011

Some stuff I meant to show you...

So I helped out with a baby shower a couple of weeks ago for a dear friend of mine. I did a cute little favor and water bottle.

Take a look see:

I've been meaning to try these cookies in a jar for Christmas or Valentines Day, this was just the occassion. I tried the recipe for these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and they are the yummiest things EVER! I make them almost every week now. Not good as we are approachig Spring and then swimsuit season:-(








Ingredients:
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup  Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats

I might add an extra serving of chocolate chips or nuts to the top to even everything out. I ended up having more space at the top than I would have liked, but ran out of ingredients...


RECIPE TO ATTACH:
Beat 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter or margarine, 1 large egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until blended. Add cookie mix; mix well, breaking up any clumps. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake in preheated 375° F. oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.


I was able to hack her invite to create this label. I think that's stealing though:-( But it turned out pretty cute!


Okay, I actually usually have hubs and the munchkin make these for me. They are my cookie slaves.  But I pay them in kisses.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LIFE AND TIMES: Bunnie Hilliard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger