Now that little h is 2 months old, the munchkin has stopped covering herself in band aids and the meal train that my fabulous friends put together for me in my time of need:-) has ended, I'm (semi) back in to the swing of getting meals on the table for my family.
So super excited about the copy of My Recipes - 5 Ingredient Weeknight Dishes I picked up at the Publix during my grocery run this week. It Includes recipes from some of my faves: Cooking Light, Southern Living, Sunset and Real Simple (to name a few). And to top it all off, these 5 ingredient fixes are giving my grocery budget some much needed organization and relief!
Tortellini with bacon and greens
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 15m| Total Time: 30m
- 1 pound cheese or meat tortellini
- 4 ounces sliced bacon (i use turkey bacon)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups arugula (about 1 bunch) or I bet this would work well with spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 7 to 8 minutes. Reserve the bacon and discard the drippings.
- Wipe out the skillet and return it to medium heat. Add the butter and swirl or stir with a wooden spoon as it starts to foam and sputter. Remove from heat as soon as it begins to turn golden brown and smells nutty, about 1 minute.
- Break the bacon into small pieces and add to the skillet with the arugula, salt, pepper, and cooked tortellini; toss well. Divide among individual bowls.