Jun 23, 2013

Rosemary Beach Vacation with Family and Friends {Making Memories}

So I've been meaning to share some pictures from the first Hilliard Summer Vacation! I'd like to liken it to National Lampoons Vacation saga, but it was not nearly as eventful. But in a good way. It was AMAZING. I'm from Florida on the Atlantic Coast. I love my home town, but the beaches really pale in comparison to the white sands and turquoise water of the Gulf Coast. I decided right away that this has to be a yearly event four our family. 

It was only about a 5 1/2 hour drive and we left right at little h's nap time, so he slept about half of the way (thankfully). The drive and the communities along the South Walton stretch of 30A are beautiful. Beach Entries, Playgrounds and Pools are nestled inside each little community. We stayed in this beautiful condo that we shared with some very good friends who have girls the same age as the munchkin.  I was worried that it  might be a bit small for the two families but it ended up being quite perfect. Even a small balcony off of the family area where we watched movies and had drinks after we put the kiddos to bed.  It was right on the "square" so just down stairs were restaurants, shops, the post office, and the beach was just a quick 5 minute walk. And SO quiet at night. I live in the city, so I hear a fire engine every 10 minutes. This was the best sleep I'd had in a long time..




On our last night we had a bonfire with some friends from Atlanta who were vacationing in the area at the same time. We made smore's and roasted marshmallows and hot dogs over the fire...It was perfect.

The best part was just getting to make memories with the people I love. For my little family, I am so grateful. I remember every minute of it (and I hope I always do). Sunscreen, seashells, bike rides, salt air, family meals and games.  I'm so proud to be a part of this family and share this life with them. Okay, I'm done.

Not quite.. 
In case you are ever in the area, a little guide to 30A:
Family Friendly Fare: La Cocina Mexican Grill (THE BEST salsa) in Sea Crest*
Shop for the Kiddos: GiGi's, Fitz and Emme
Sweet Shop: Sugar Shak
The Best Coffee: Fonville Press in Alys Beach*
*walking/biking distance from Rosemary 

Have you already taken an excursion for the summer? Doing a stay-cation? I'd love to hear your plans!
xx,
Bunnie

2 comments:

Carla said...

I usually like visiting Pensacola because it's only about 3-1/2 hours away from Louisiana, but Rosemary Beach looks amazing. Better. I may just have to venture out to this place for a little Stay-cation.

These pictures are amazing. It looks like you all had an amazing time.

Unknown said...

Not sure how I missed this?! You should totally take this trip! I will have to explore Pensacola, we have friends there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LIFE AND TIMES: Bunnie Hilliard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger