Feb 12, 2014

HEALTHY SNACKING: ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS and AVOCADO DIP


I actually used some prepared hummus to make this recipe. Needed to use the avocado which I had intended for toast before I decided that eating a loaf of bread was not the direction that I wanted to go in. So in an effort to relieve my snacking tendencies, I found a yummy recipe to fill me up and stave on the hangry (hungry and angry) that was starting to creep up with something healthy.













ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS and AVACADO DIP

Ingredients
1 package of roasted garlic hummus Or make home made hummus like this.
3 small avocados
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup flat leaf parsley
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper

Directions
Combine the packaged hummus, avocado, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mash with potato masher until the desired consistency. I like chunky. You could also use a food processor or hand stick immersion blender for a creamier consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

**Savor with pita chips, carrots, or thickly cut english cucumbers

adapted from this recipe

xx,
Bunnie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LIFE AND TIMES: Bunnie Hilliard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger