Jan 13, 2010

Can't wait for Spring

In anticipation of spring, here's a nice poem about spring by Langston Hughes called In Time of Silver Rain. I always hated analyzing poetry in high school. It seemed so useless to a teen. I'm like, just enjoy the words and quit with the hidden meaning jive.

In time of silver rain
The earth
Puts forth new life again,
Green grasses grow
And flowers lift their heads,
And over all the plain
The wonder spreads
Of life,
of life,
of life!

In time of silver rain
The butterflies
Lift silken wings
To catch a rainbow cry,
And trees put forth
New leaves to sing
In joy beneath the sky
As down the roadway
Passing boys and girls
Go singing, too,
In time of silver rain
When spring
And life
Are new.

I love spring time and especially love it for the change to polos, oxfords, drivers, and khakis. I have taken a liking to monograms these days. Why not? I found them quite pretentious at some point but find them essential additions for any man's wardrobe. It's a bold statement about being proud of who you are. I am particularly fond of Ralph Lauren's custom-fit oxford. I picked up a few of these a couple of years back and need a couple more the round out the color selection. Oxford is designed to be particularly cool material for warm months and this shirt is somewhere between casual and dressy. I also just picked up a few Repp pique polos from J.Crew on a sweet sale pictured below.


1 comment:

c. zimmerly said...

Langston Hughes is my favorite. Thanks for sharing this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LIFE AND TIMES: Bunnie Hilliard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger