Jun 3, 2011

The Best Granola Bars Ever!!

So I've been meaning to try my hand at home made granola bars for a while now. I've also been looking for ways to cut down on the number of packaged items that I buy from the grocery store that I can make at home (i.e. apple sauce, boxed pancake mix etc #dontjudgeme:-)

The munchkin is allergic to nuts and is a little string bean, so I was was looking for something packed with healthy calories that we all could enjoy (hence the chocolate chips)..

So I typed in SunButter (which we use all the time for sandwiches (sunbutter and honey is a favorite!) and chocolate chip granola and voila!

No-Bake SunButter and Chocolate Chip Cookies


This was actually pretty easy. The munchkin and I made these a few days ago and I have plenty to last for next weeks lunch boxes and snacks!

•4 cups old fashioned oats
•1/4 Tbsp sea salt
•1 cup Rice Krispies
•3/4 cup natural SunButter, warmed
•1/2 cup honey
•1/2 cup chocolate chips

In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, rice krispies, salt, and chocolate chips. Add in the honey and mix until combined. Stir in the warm SunButter. (If the mixture isn’t sticking together well enough, just add more honey.)



Press the mixture evenly into a greased 9×13″ baking dish and refrigerate at least 60 minutes.


Cut them into bars, and then wrap them into single servings. Store them in the refrigerator so that they stay nice and chewy!  I didnt wrap all of them like this. I was inspired by this recipe and post at sugarcrafter.com (i added rice krispies).  Most of them ended up in snack sized zip lock bags for the munchkin..



You should totally make these!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LIFE AND TIMES: Bunnie Hilliard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger