Feb 25, 2013

Breakfast, Books, and a {beautiful} Bag

Somehow i neglected to snap a pic of the Lovely Marcela. I promise to make up for it. In the mean time, I believe I have mentioned that we ressurected a truncated version of the book club/breakfast club/young and the restless historians club.  Okay so officially:


The Young and The Restless Historians Book Club


Its always a pleasure to get together with these ladies. I love them so. The fact that we are all in various life stages and phases ensure that the conversations never get dull. So we grab coffee (or hot chocolate for Afi) and a little breakfast (and dessert for Afi) and we catch up - on kids, on travels, on love and everything in between. Oh and then we dissect the Young and the Restless which is usually the highlight:-)

And then this:

A group (two couples and a baby) sat down next to us as we were wrapping up and we noticed one of the ladies carrying a lovely hand bag. We were ogling and squinting to make out the maker (of the handbag) when I tapped the woman on shoulder and asked, "Is that a diaper bag?" I'm not sure what prompted the assumption (um, the baby). She smiled slightly, and said,"no." and then I asked what kind of bag it was. She said it was a Celine bag. Oh, "well very nice bag," I said.

Marcela proceeded to "Google" and came up with this {Celine Trapeze Multicolor Calfskin}:



My friends were super embarrassed. What?! They had a baby with them so I pictured this:  



 What?!!!!!!!  Its a beautiful bag, if it were mine,  I would still stuff in bottles and wipes in a pinch... But that's just me. Oh. and she wasnt the mom of the group.... My bad.

At any rate we are looking forward to our first two selections:


"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him". Its central character, Ignatius J. Reilly, is an educated but slothful 30-year-old man living with his mother in the Uptown neighborhood of early-1960s New Orleans who, in his quest for employment, has various adventures with colorful French Quarter characters. Toole wrote the novel in 1963 during his last few months in Puerto Rico." 

and 

This is the story of a city.
The northwest corner of a city. Here you’ll find guests and hosts, those with power and those without it, people who live somewhere special and others who live nowhere at all.  And many people in between.



Would you have been embarrassed? Are you reading any good books?

I hope you have a great week!

xx,
Bunnie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LIFE AND TIMES: Bunnie Hilliard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger