Feb 23, 2013

Starting Again - The Battle of the {Baby} Bulge

Joining Lesley in the battle of the baby weight bulge as I've had a few snafus on my way to "high school skinny".  At least she's only a few months in. Little h just turned 10 months old. And I havent lost a single pound since the initial shedding and this horrifying incident. It doesnt help that my little string bean can use all the calories she can get while I need to cut mine in half (at least). And some person even brought home no less than SIX boxes of Girl Scout cookies. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to warmer weather and shedding a few layers of clothes.  Especially with the Rosemary Beach Vacay planning underway.




DO YOU THINK IF I RE ENACT HER SUPERBOWL PERFORMANCE EVERY DAY FOR A MONTH I CAN LOOK LIKE THIS BY SUMMER:-)

BUT I DIGRESS

In an effort to "Visualize" myself at my goal weight I've decided to (stare at this picture of Beyonce) stop weighing myself (sort of) everyday. I wrote my goal weight on a post it and covered the actual numbers (i'll let you know how that works out). I'll peek in at the end of every week.

I used this site to calculate my BMI and was quite mortified to see that I am "technically" overweight (the devil is a liar!!!). A little sobering and motivating all at once. In an effort to hold myself accountable:

Putting it all out there:
Current Weight: 143
Size: 8
BMI: 25
Pounds Lost: 0

Ouch!!

Thanks to this article in Red Book I'm adding these to my grocery list this week to combat my urge to snack:

Healthy Snack List
     · a hard-boiled egg with a half cup of grapes
     · a savory parfait made with two tablespoons of low-fat cottage cheese; a quarter of an avocado
      and sliced; and a tablespoon of raisins
     · a packet of instant unsweetened oatmeal with cinnamon and chopped nuts
     · hollowed-out zucchini halves topped with guacamole
     · a low-fat Greek yogurt with a cup of your favorite berries
     · a cup of baby carrots with two tablespoons of hummus
     · Pure Bars 
     · a cup of steamed in-the-pod edamame
     · a half cup of high-fiber cereal with skim milk
     · a 100-calorie pack of almonds and a kiwi
     · a handful of whole-wheat crackers (like Wasa) w/ a wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese/cucumbers.

Any other suggestions? Which celebrity has your "dream body"??

xx,

Bunnie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LIFE AND TIMES: Bunnie Hilliard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger