Feb 3, 2013

Trying to get it together oh and Tomato Soup


So I was thinking of doing a little television fast (no tv for a month). I started having a few anxiety attacks at the thought of going cold turkey, so what I have agreed to (with myself)  - in an effort to increase productivity and not spiral into a deep depression is to only watch (or listen) if and while I am working on other projects. It is  no coincidence that I picked the shortest month of the year.


Hope you are having a very Happy February!! 

and that you will do something to remember Black History Month.

I got this quick and simple recipe from my boof (boo friend) JP. We exchange last minute recipes before dinner time often. Pair this with a Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Provolone, American, Grilled Onions) and you will be very happy.

Recipe:
4 cups crushed tomatoes
12 basil leaves
1 cup heavy cream or half and half
1 stick unsalted butter
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Simmer tomatoes and basil leaves for 30 minutes. Puree mixture. Add cream, butter, Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with baby basil leaves.

Easy and yummy--not light, though. :)

xx,
Bunnie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LIFE AND TIMES: Bunnie Hilliard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger