May 13, 2013

Mothers Day Recap + a {YUMMY} Summer Salad Recipe



No mushy sentiments to share regarding Mothers Day this year. I had visions of getting all dolled up an going to church (i'm glad i didnt because i heard they were sitting in the hallway - don't judge me) with the family, but it was actually pretty low key. And i loved every minute of it.

We went to breakfast at my favorite little restaurant and to the toy park and grilled out and laid around the yard all afternoon.  made dinner and i just relaxed all day WITH NO GUILT.

Here are few pics of my lovely little day (and my beautiful new bracelet the munchkins picked out for me) and a recipe I've been meaning to share.






So yes, this salad is SO YUMMY. I threw it over a bed of spinach the next day and had it for lunch (and dinner).  I adapted it from a bhg recipe i have in one of my favorite recipe mags. Also, I have decided that I will put a little mint in every salad I eat for the rest of my life. SO GOOD.




CHICKPEA SALAD WITH GRILLED PITA

ingredients
  • 215 ounce cans no-salt-added garbanzo beans (chickpeas) or regular garbanzo beans,      
  • 3large sweet vine tomatoes diced
  • 4ounces  crumbled feta cheese with tomato and basil (1 cup)
  • 1/4cup  lightly packed small fresh mint leaves
  • 1/3cup  white vinegar
  • 1/4cup  olive oil
  • 1tablespoon  sugar
  • 1/2teaspoon  ground black pepper
  • 1 - 2honey wheat flat breat cut into wedges




1.In a large bowl combine beans, tomatoes, feta, and mint. In a screw-top jar combine vinegar, oil, sugar, and pepper; cover and shake well. Pour over salad mixture; set aside.
2.put a table spoon of olive oil in a skillet and "grill" pita bread directly over medium heat until warm and toasted. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into wedges.



oh and to find out what other shenanigans we were up to on mothers day check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. some how i ended up in the drivers seat of a friendly couples MOTORCYCLE!

I hope your weekend was beautiful and that your Mothers Day was super special. I made sure to send something special to the grands and the great grands, and little h even took his god mother out for breakfast.

How about you: Fill in the blank. My favorite part about Mothers Day is ___________________

xx,
Bunnie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LIFE AND TIMES: Bunnie Hilliard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger