Feb 3, 2014

HEALTHY SNACKING: ASIAN QUINOA SALAD


I'm starving over here. As I try to shed some pounds for the summer (and for good), I realize how much of a snacker I really am. I mean its really bad. Not just a handful of nuts, try 5. I've been trying to find some healthy snacks that are a bit more filling and stumbled upon this yumminess. I love nothing more than throwing together something tasty from a bunch of things I already have in my fridge. I had some leftover quinoa from this soup along with some fresh and frozen veggies - pulled this together quite quickly while little h was napping. SO GOOD.


ASIAN QUINOA SALAD

ingredients:

1 cup cooked quinoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup shelled and cooked edamame
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 cup diced cucumber
For the dressing:
1/4 cup lite soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/4 teaspoon minced ginger
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and black pepper, to taste

directions:

1. Place the quinoa in a large bowl and add the cabbage, edamame, red pepper, carrots, and cucumber. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and stir to combine.
**This salad is good served at room temperature or chilled.
adapted from this recipe

Any suggestions on healthy snacks would be greatly appreciated. I'm also considering hypnosis. You are getting veeerrry sleeeepppyy… step away from the oreooos.. now.

xx,
Bunnie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LIFE AND TIMES: Bunnie Hilliard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger